Sunday, December 22, 2013

Who do you choose?

The holidays are often a rough time for those who are away from family.  I learned this several years in a row after I joined the Navy.  From boot camp, to GTMO, to Bahrain, there is a certain distance that Skype just can't cover.  

Yet, no matter what, I was always surrounded by "family."  In the military you learn that your family is who you want them to be.  It doesn't matter if you're not related, you don't look alike, or even if you don't like someone, they might still be your family.  

So hug your people tight if you can and remember those who can't.



Sometimes, I'm quite insightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!