Thursday, November 28, 2013

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade thoughts

-TV on (which is is pretty crazy for me), NBC found...  and I'm early.  oops.

-Apparently the balloons almost didn't fly due to wind.  I wonder if that's ever happened before.

-That first marching band.  WOW.  That drummer was going upside down.  Ok, those drummerS.

-Dear news anchor lady, looking at your cohost is annoying for the rest of us who have to see the side of your face.

-Holy moly that poor girl must be FREEZING!  But that green dress is pretty cute.  I'm not sure I could perform in those conditions.  I'd be like, well glad we got this far, sorry its too cold for this girl, I'll be in my hotel room.

-Wow Matilda has LOTS of small children that are power singers... and dancers.

-Dear news anchor, please don't have a heart attack on TV trying to keep up with balloon runners.

-I really hope these dancers were kept in a hot room prior to having to take the stage with how minimal of clothes they are wearing.

-Dear Kinky Boots, WTF?  Also, British flag person.. nice butt bow.  Woah, fat dudes.. are they supposed to represent American rednecks?

-Dear poor dancers in barely any clothes.  I'm sorry.  I hope you're staying warm with all your dancing, but seriously, better you than me.  I hope you don't end up with pneumonia next week.

-Need more marching band.  That's the best part.

-Oooh, history.  1924.  6 miles.  I'm so learned.

-Gobble gobble gobble!

-Dude, my arms would be so tired of waving.

-Wow, that poor marching band looks like its actually running!  Oh they stopped. "My Favorite Things"!  I love this song!  No one cares about the dancers, lets see the band!

-Oh, a new Snoopy.  Snoopy is apparently the most frequent character in the parade.

-Wow, creepy clowns.

-Dear Gavin DeGraw, it definitely looks like you're lip syncing.  Also, when you put the microphone on your chin, it looks weird.  Nice try, but no.

-Holy neon.

-Whatever happened to the The Big Comfy Couch, that show seem so much cooler than whatever I'm watching with a squeaky chicken.

-To the poor girl who is carrying the flag and the big box, sucks to be you.  YAY more marching band!

-Wow, good job someone doing the Aflac quack over the anchor.

-Awww its the NHL float.

-Dear Kelly Pickler, your head jerks are weird.  Do they add to your singing?  Also, I saw somewhere that you said you wanted to like Dolly Parton.  While you are missing the boobs, you definitely got enough bleach in that hair to cover the blonde part.  (also, why does Chrome not recognize Parton as a properly spelled word?)

-Aww an advertisement for Frozen, which I kinda wanna see but not only because the moose reminds me of Phil on slippery floors.

-WOOOT! Sesame Street float!  And Jimmy Fallon is on the float.  WIN!  OMG and The Count did the count down!  Be still my heart.  Awww and Big Bird is wearing a tacky tie.  Aww and Oscar the Grouch.  Bahahah he had plastic clappy hands.  Aww I love Sesame Street!

-And that high was killed by Hello Kitty following Sesame Street.  I'm not really sure about Hello Kitty.  I mean, she's cute, but what has she done?  She doesn't even have a mouth.  How can I take her seriously?

-YAY another high school with feather hats.  I'm sad I can barely hear them.  Woah those dancers are wearing some weird tights.  They were so unintersting that the switched back to the anchors.

-Umm... goldfish float is weird.  Apparently they should have coordinated their singers a bit better for the camera man.

-Creepy = "Big Hugs Elmo"

-Unrelated to the parade, if you are buying a cell phone with a 40+ megapixel camera, you are doing photography wrong.

-I'm so fing tired of Katy Perry's - Roar.  It's overplayed, so freakin' over played.  I know its all motivational and crap, but OMG, there are OTHER SONGS WORLD!

-All That! the only all male clogging team in the world.  Huh, wonder why.  Only these 9 guys think that clogging is cool.  Imagine that.

-Cher Lloyd, I'm sorry, you automatically lose in my mind because your name is Cher and that immediately makes me think of the Cher that sounds like a man.  Also, you are surrounded by people with road signs on their heads, which I know isn't your fault, but still.  You lose.

-I wonder if its getting any warmer?

-Ironic to anyone else that Florida-Georgia Line is singing Cruise while their float is stopped?  Obvioiusly someone didn't tell this guy that performing is more important than being warm.  BAhAHAHAHAH and as the float started moving again he almost fell.

-Ok, Richard Simmons apparently isn't dead yet.

-Awww pretty horses.

-Ok, while I may not get Hello Kitty, Julius from Paul Frank is awesome.

-Shamu, idk who your singers are, but they sound pretty good.  Bahahah and the random fishies on poles were pretty awesome.

-Yay another fuzzy hat marching band.  Wow, they actually had a dude on their dance/flag team... who almost just busted his ass when he stepped on a flag.  Apparently he is their STAR!

-OHH YEAH!  It's the Kool-Aid man.  Who has a 9 foot smile and it would take 11,000 gallons of koolaid to fill up the flat.

-Oh rah, Duck Dynasty made it.  Meh.

-Mr Peanut and the "nutmobile" bahahahahaha.

-WHAHHHHTTTTTT MINIONS ARE IN THE PARADE!?!?!?!?  MUST NOT BLINK!

-Miss America looks like she coming out of a cake.  Fitting?

-I'll support a Marine Corps band.  They need to do some pinwheels or something so I can be fulfilled rather than just moving in weird lines.

-Seeing the Mount Rushmore float kinda makes me want to visit there.  Why wasn't I interested when I went with Teh Granny to Montana?  Oh yeah, I was tired of driving.

-Wow, a circus wagon that was built in 1902.

-Ronald McDonald balloon is creepy, but the actual Ronald riding in the shoe car is even creepier.  And Ronald looking clowns following the balloon?  Woah.

-Seriously.. a jump rope team?  I can't even believe the amount of coordination there.

-what the hell is a Zu Zhu?  Children's show are just creepy, which I see more and more as an adult.

-Spongebob is stupid.  Period.

-Apparently only fuzzy hat bands get to perform in the parade.  These people have mirrors on their uniforms.  And those high schoolers actually kissed.

-Oh yeah, lip syncing.. that music definitely started WELL before she did.  Way to go broadway queen.  Even if she is singing, that mic is definitely not on because I feel like her bouncing would have been heard.

-Ok, now I see what the big deal is with Christmas being on TV earlier and earlier with the marketing aimed at children.  I just wanted to cry a bit.

-Aww a dog show is next and while they didn't show a greyhound, they did show a dalmatian.  YAY.

-Cirque de Soleil  makes me sad because I didn't see them when they were in DC and tickets were on Groupon because they were "too expensive"... dumbest thing ever.

-Awww Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon.  Although, I feel like he's incorrect since the point of the movie was that Hiccup helped him fly.

-LINDT CHOCOLATE!  NOMNOMNOM.  WITH THE GOO GOO DOLLS SINGING COME TO ME!!!!  /swoon.

-Well this marching band has Wizard of Oz costumes, which is pretty awesome.  Bahahha.. oops that blue band definitely wasn't coming unrolled.  Dorthy got to wear sleeves, but they didn't put a coat on Toto?  Booo.  Big headed costumes with normal human sized bodies are creepy.

-Dear Havertys, adopting a dog is NOT about matching your couch or the color of the dog.  Not impressed.

-Bleh cheerleaders don't even impress me.  There's too many of them to actually be awesome.  That's like 100 cheerleaders in the same team.  Oh rah, a pep rally with Joan Jett.  It's like high school is replaying in my living room, except we didn't have Joan Jett or nearly as many cheerleaders.

-Spiderman has arrived, although you'd think he'd be hanging off buildings rather than be tethered to the ground.

-Dear Big Apple Man, the leaf hands are awkward.

-I figured the NFL float would be way more interesting.  At least the NHL had singers.

-The NYPD has a band?  Well that's cool I guess.

-Hobbit 2 advertisement:  I'm kinda excited about seeing it.

-Edible Arrangements ad:  definitely reaching on that one.

-Monopoly ad: A cat is the new piece?  Fine, we've had a dog for years though, just keep that in mind.

-Power Rangers?  Seriously?  I thought they went out years ago.  I don't understand Super Megaforce Power Rangers.  So now there's 8 rangers?  or these rangers replace the crappy old ones?

-Wow, that marching band is actually RUNNING.  The end of the parade must be dragging and they are trying to catch up.  These fuzzy hats have chin straps.  So awkward.

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back.  From my assessment, they are the "new" turtles based on their eye shapes.  TMNT with Fall Out Boy?  Way less badass.  TMNT need to kick Fall Out Boy off the damn float.  TAKE BACK THE STREETS!  Did they really make the marching band have a short performance so we could get more Fall Out Boy?  DUMB.

-I'm so old.  I don't even appreciate Pokeman being in the parade.  I'd rather know what was in parades years and years ago.  Pikachu's cheeks are flashing.  I'm going to have a seizure.

-A drill team from Chicago might be just as cool as a marching band.  Again with the neon.  It's like the 80s have infected the 21st century.

-Discover ad: because I always talk to my credit card company in a public place on speaker phone.  Right.

-Hellman's ad:  Who the hell adds mayo to cranberries?

-Sprint Ad: "YOU MADE ME THIS WAY"  yes.

-WOOOOO MINIONS!!!  Gru in real life is creepy.  sads.

-Pillsbury Dough boy looks pretty wrinkly.  Maybe he's getting old?  Also, the sound effects over the anchors?  Obnoxious.  Pillsbury giggles unnecessary.

-Red, white, and blue fuzzy hat band.  At least there are no chin straps.  One of these damn bands needs to do some pinwheels to validate all the pinwheels I had to do in high school.  Maybe that just makes me more of a badass than them?

-Dear Build-a-Bear, I wish you weren't so expensive so I could have built a bear.  Dear Austin Mahoy?  or whatever your name is.  If you have to say your name as the beginning of your song, you're not as awesome as you think you are.  Did he just say he wants to bang her, bang her, bang her then promise to make her laugh before the night is over?  No.

-Finn and Jake?  Mmkay.  If you say so.

-Buzz Lightyear, you carry on man.  And the human toting him are dressed up in galactic uniforms too.  Pretty cool.  How does one get the job of being a balloon grounder?

-Yay for a Christmas music marching band

-Cherokee Singers singing in Cherokee.  Cool, I think, although I'm sure they are singing curses at me, except for the hallelujah part.

-Dear headache, you are not welcome here today.  Please go away.

-Dora doesn't have a balloon, she has a float.  Interesting.  Probably because balloon Dora would be as creepy as those clowns that started the parade.  I'm sure that the people on the floats wish they were in the character suits which are considerably warmer.

-Idk who this girl is with a letter.  Am I supposed to?  Nonetheless, she makes me want to cut my hair short and dye it red because its adorable.

-Too bad Delta doesn't have a balloon of a big plane?  Too soon, NYC?    Bahaha watching the singers react when the float starts moving again is awesome.

-Elf on the Shelf is the largest balloon in the parade.  Teh Bear thinks that Elf on the Shelf is stupid, which does make me a bit sad because I think that its kinda cute in a I'd-put-forth-the-effort-for-a-week-then-stop-because-I'm'-lazy way.

-Little People ad:  holy crap they have a princess palace.  Kids have too many toys.  Seriously.

-Macy's ad: donating $1 to the make-a-wish foundation for every letter to santa they receive.. that's pretty cool.

-Happy Hanukkah on Thanksgiving, which is a rarity!

-Smurf history makes Papa Smurf sound like a pedophile.

-Why was the Duck Dynasty cast not on the duck float for Homewood Suites?  That would have made so much more sense.

-And the parade is ending with the marching band that started the parade.  I'll take it.  YAY Christmas tunes!  With the crowd singing?  WIN.

-Macy's has elves.  And Santa has arrived and his float is 3.5 stories tall.  Wouldn't wanna fall from that.

And that is the end of the parade.  Now its time to finish that intel paper.  Seriously.  Doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!